Desk Exercise 1: Calf + Quad Stretch
- Place your hands flat on top of your right leg, feet flat on floor.
- Lift your right leg from your hip flexor and straighten it from the knee.
- While straight, flex your upper leg muscle (quad) and hold for 10 seconds.
- Lower your right leg slowly, placing your foot flat on the floor again.
- Repeat exercise with left leg. Repeat the above steps 2-10 times.
- You can also stretch out both legs under the desk for a minute.
Desk Exercise 2: Abdominal Crunches
- Sit on the edge of your seat.
- Lean back from the waist, keep your back straight.
- Hold the seat of your chair with both hands.
- Lift both legs up, keeping your knees bent while tightening your abdominal muscles.
- Straighten your legs holding your heels a few inches off of the floor.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have completed 10 repetitions.
Desk Exercise 3: Shoulder Stretches
- Stretch your right arm in front of you and across your chest, as if you were grabbing something on your left side.
- Bring your left arm under and in front of your right arm.
- Gently hug your right arm in towards your chest.
- Repeat with the arms reversed.
- Relax your arms, letting them hang down loosely at your side.
- Slowly roll both shoulders backwards ten times.
- Slowly roll both shoulders forward ten times.
Energize yourself with Wellness!